- Advertising the sale. Pro sellers have extensive email lists of buyers who want to know about sales. These may include antique dealers and other serious purchasers. These buyers will be contacted, and may also visit the company website where personnel will post photos of unique and desirable items. The company will also advertise using conventional media, and will put up signs throughout the neighbourhood close to the sale date. Their goal is to ensure that a line-up forms early in the morning, and that ¾ of the items will be sold within the first hour of your sale.
- Organizing the sale. During the week before the sale, staff will arrive onsite with an appraiser, who will set fair prices. Staff will label all items, and will arrange them into various areas, making it easy for buyers to find the items they're looking for.
- Running the Sale. On the day of the sale, uniformed staff will arrive very early. Better companies set up a number of pay stations, complete with credit card capabilities. This helps to ensure that all items are paid for immediately, and that it's easy for buyers to purchase big-ticket or larger pieces. As well, better companies make provision for delivery, so that heavy furniture, etc, can be delivered to purchasers before the end of the sale. A cleanup and junk removal service may be provided by the sales company as well. It's not necessary for you to attend the sale if you choose not to. This may alleviate emotional stress for you or a family member.
- Moving or downsizing?
- Had a death in the family and need to sell the contents of the home before listing it?
- Do you have a garage or basement that is filled with junk needing removal?
- Are you a real estate agent or acting as an executor to an estate?
- Are you looking for Canada's largest, most well established and comprehensive content and estate sale company?
There is a certain beauty in vintage furniture. Not only for how it... read more
Enough with storage! Haven’t you had enough of dumping items into... read more
Reference Letters I have worked with Josh on several occasions to... read more